Join Our Team
Enrollment & Match Support Specialist
Overview of our Organization
Our mission at BBBS NW Montana is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. We are a small nonprofit organization that works with community partners and schools to identify children who would benefit from an additional layer of adult support. We work closely with a team of volunteer mentors to grow and maintain healthy mentoring relationships with the goal of defending the potential we know exists in every child. We are led by a board of directors and supported by an army of individuals, businesses, organizations, schools, and foundations in both Missoula and Flathead.
The primary function of this position is to enroll and support the youth mentees and adult mentors. This includes facilitating a rigorous and well-documented inquiry and enrollment process, thoughtfully matching a mentee with a mentor, and actively engaging the mentee, mentor, and parents/guardians to ensure best risk-management practices, healthy growth of the relationship, and healthy growth of the child. The individual in this role would work closely within a small team while supporting the mission across two counties. The successful candidate will possess the capacity to work independently and make vital decisions that reflect best practices while working, in-person and virtually, collaboratively with
teammates, in-person and virtually, families, children, mentors, partner organizations, schools, and other
This role requires close work within the Missoula community. The ideal candidate lives in or near the city of Missoula. While this is likely to change within 2021, this position would work primarily from a home office with a requirement to travel in and around Missoula and occasionally to Flathead County.
Salary , Status, & FTE
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) and non-exempt, with a beginning rate of pay of $15/hour.
Benefits After a 90 day probationary period, this position is eligible for healthcare benefits, paid holidays,
and accrued time off.
This position reports directly to the Program Manager who reports directly to the Executive Director.
Consistent travel within Missoula either via own vehicle (with valid driver’s license and current insurance coverage) or via capacity to secure alternate transportation reliably, and occasional travel to meetings in Polson, Kalispell, or a site in-between.
Application materials due by end-of-day February 14th
How To Apply
Email three PDF documents to email@example.com
1. Letter of interest addressing experience with and passion for youth, community development,
equity & opportunity, and working at a small nonprofit organization.
2. Resume complete with: name, contact information, qualifications & work experience
3. Three professional references
● Communicate, evaluate, and record inquiries and enrollment processes both internally and with
potential mentors and families of mentees
● Conduct enrollment process including interviewing, uploading and tracking information, and
ensuring the application of risk-management strategies
● Participating in ongoing professional development around child safety and adult/child
relationship best practices
● Move participants effectively and efficiently through enrollment processes
● Entering data and information reliably, accurately and efficiently into our database system
● Assess applicants and recommend inclusion in our program
● Assess applicants and recommend mentor and mentee matches
● Ensure, through multiple modalities, the ongoing health and well-being of mentoring
relationships, including identifying indicators of risk
● Develop strategic interventions and facilitating actions in support of the mentoring relationship as
it evolves over time
● Participate in the creation and implementation of celebrations and activities for our mentoring
● Participate in fund development activities
● Maintain consistent and professional internal and external communication
Required Capacities and Desires
● Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively both internally and externally
● Capacity to learn and implement effectively online information and communication systems
● Capacity to develop innovative and creative solutions to problems
● Capacity to work at all times with the highest level of professional integrity and humility
● Desire to learn and willingness to ask for help when needed
● Desire to be part of creating a healthy, equitable, and just Montana community
Required Experience and Skills
● Excellent written and oral communication skills and an exceptional listener.
● Experience working collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
● Excellent computer skills, including the ability to use office technology(ex:email, Microsoft
Office, Google Suite, and database management)
● Experience listening carefully and assessing individuals’ needs, strengths, and challenges
● Experience managing confidential information and processes
● Ability to make ethical, moral, and mission-driven decision consistently
● Ability to understand the objectives and goals of the organization and to further those actively